Can't Seem to
find that special cookbook that has your favorite ham asparagus rollups recipe? Simply type in your query
in the box below
and watch how Amazon.com delivers!
Ham Asparagus Rollups
I could eat this for lunch!
Ham Asparagus Rollups are sooooo easy to make and everyone loves them. They not only look like you spent a ton of time on it, but this easy appetizer will go over big at your next party or gathering. make sure you make more than you think you'll need! They'll be gone in a flash. Not only does this recipe work well for Mother's Day brunches, but you can also serve it at a cocktail party.
What you'll need for this party appetizer:
- 10 ounces asparagus, fresh OR frozen
- 2 (8-ounce each) packages cream cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound ham thinly sliced
What to do:
Cook asparagus until crisp-tender.
Mix together cream cheese, horseradish, mustard and Worcestershire sauce.
On each slice of ham spread a thin layer of cheese mixture. Place one spear of asparagus at one end of ham slice, and roll up, jelly roll-style. Slice into bite-sized pieces. Chill.
This simple appetizer makes 8-10 servings. Serve on your favorite party platter.
Some interesting asparagus facts....
- Asparagus is a member of the Lily family.
- Asparagus spears grow from a crown that is planted about a foot deep in sandy soils.
- Under ideal conditions, an asparagus spear can grow 10" in a 24-hour period.
- Each crown will send spears up for about 6-7 weeks during the spring and early summer.
To read more about the benefits of asparagus, click here.